Supersprint racing is a popular form of motor sport.
Supersprint events are held at Mallala Motor Sport Park – Owen Road, Mallala – approx. 70 km north of Adelaide – allow 1 hour. Venue map.
In Supersprints, multiple entrants are on the track at the same time. Cars are lined up in pairs on the grid and flagged off at intervals. Positions on the grid are determined from times achieved during practice periods, with the faster cars placed at the front of the grid. Slower cars and new entrants are positioned at the rear of the grid. Passing is permitted on straight track but for safety reasons not on corners.
Racing can be undertaken in either road cars or modified vehicles, though open sports cars are required to have an approved rollover bar.
Please contact the Sporting Secretary Ian Duncan if you are interested in competing.
Further reading can be found on the:
Volunteers are welcome for these events in the role of flag marshals.
Currently, our club is rostered to provide volunteers twice a year.
Please contact the Sporting Secretary Ian Duncan if you are able to assist in any way.
2016 Calendar of Events
|SUPERSPRINTS & REGULARITY RELAYS|
|Round||Date||Type of Race||Club Rostered to Provide Volunteer Flag Marshals||Results|
|1||21 Feb 16||Supersprint|
|–||1 May 16||6hr Regularity Relay||Full results|
|–||MG Challenge – Supersprint||Yes|
|2||19 Jun 16||Supersprint||Yes||Full results|
|3||17 Jul 16||Supersprint||Full results|
|4||28 Aug 16||Supersprint|
|5||23 Oct 16||Supersprint||Yes|
Trophy Presentation Day is generally held in February of the following year.
- 2015 Trophy Winners – Congratulations to Garren Harrell (Sprint Champion & Class C), Ian Duncan (Class G) and Marque Le Maistre (Class H)
- 2014 Trophy Winners – Congratulations to Ian Duncan (Sprint Driver of the Year), Garren Harrell (Class C), Andrew Wald (Class M)
- 2013 Trophy Winners – Congratulations to Ian Duncan (Sprint Champion & Class G), Marque Le Maistre (Class H) and Peter Nelson (Class J)
- 2012 Trophy Winners – Congratulations to Andrew Duncan (2nd Place Sprint Champion & Class E), Ian Duncan (2nd Place Sprint Driver), Fletcher Bolton (Class C), Ross Malloy (Class G) and Marque Le Maistre (Class H)
- 2011 Trophy Winners – Congratulations to Ian Duncan (Sprint Driver), Andrew Duncan (Class G) and Marque Le Maistre (Class H)
- 2010 Trophy Winners – Congratulations to Ian Davis (Class C) and Peter Emes (Class G)